CML,

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone ever get wee spare packs of hops in their CML orders? I opened up a box foday and aswell as the perle I ordered, I had a wee bag of Phoenix too. When I went to put it in the freezer, I noticed that I also had fuggles and Celia, both of which appeared in similar circumstances 😂

Does anyone ever get wee spare packs of hops in their CML orders? I opened up a box foday and aswell as the perle I ordered, I had a wee bag of Phoenix too. When I went to put it in the freezer, I noticed that I also had fuggles and Celia, both of which appeared in similar circumstances 😂
Never had any hop samples, but I always get two or three little hop bags for dry hopping.
Don't expect any samples, come to think of it as CML's postage to France is so cut down to the bone that it's less than internal postage.

Never had any hop samples, but I always get two or three little hop bags for dry hopping.
Don't expect any samples, come to think of it as CML's postage to France is so cut down to the bone that it's less than internal postage.
I have absolutely no idea what to do with phoenix.... Tasting notes include molasses ffs 😂

Maybe in a dark beer....

Yep i have had the little packet of hops with my last 3 orders, i think it is all the powdery stuff thats left so they bag it and send to customers a great idea better than chucking it, athumb.. to cml

I have absolutely no idea what to do with phoenix.... Tasting notes include molasses ffs 😂

Maybe in a dark beer....
Phoenix is an amazing hop for a traditional English bitter. There was a time when Tetley's used it- I think the entire crop may have been reserved for Teltley, but I might be wrong there. It is said to have a faint smell/taste of chocolate, but it is by no means obtrusive.

I used it in last year's Christmas chocolate porter and got the chocolate flavour without using any chocolate. I've used it in a old Tetley's recipe and it came out amazing.

Phoenix is an amazing hop for a traditional English bitter. There was a time when Tetley's used it- I think the entire crop may have been reserved for Teltley, but I might be wrong there. It is said to have a faint smell/taste of chocolate, but it is by no means obtrusive.

I used it in last year's Christmas chocolate porter and got the chocolate flavour without using any chocolate. I've used it in a old Tetley's recipe and it came out amazing.

Yeah the internet notes I found mentioned it used to be grown exclusively for 1 brewery

Yeah the internet notes I found mentioned it used to be grown exclusively for 1 brewery
Might be worth trying your sample as a late hop in you regular Bog Standard bitter recipe or split the pack, half as a 15 minute addition and half at flameout in a 5-points Bitter.
In fact I might put my money where my mouth is and do exactly that myself.

The guys at CML are great I got some waimea from them as a freebie I am not sure what I will use it in. Thinking adding as a late addition/flame out in a a MO Citra smash I do with CML five. Means it wont be a smash though.

I ordered some yeast at 10:30 on Monday night. It arrived today, and the sachet of liquid yeast has a manufactured date of November 2021

Oh fantastic, they sound great!! Bookmarked for when I next need some stuff. Thanks for sharing :D

Anyone of a similar persuasion for malts?

Oh fantastic, they sound great!! Bookmarked for when I next need some stuff. Thanks for sharing :D

Anyone of a similar persuasion for malts?

CML stock loads of malt, including crafty maltsters who get a good rep and are currently under test in the lager I made today, and the stout I will make next week.

CML stock loads of malt, including crafty maltsters who get a good rep and are currently under test in the lager I made today, and the stout I will make next week.

Oooh thanks!! I have been looking for a really good supplier, I will definitely be giving them a bell when I get myself up and running - thanks again thumb.

Yes, I had a bag of Perle with my last order. Like @Rodcx500z it was powdery stuff but at 62g enough for a decent brew. I think they are the best people I buy stuff from on the internet, in brewing supplies or anything else

The other week i had a delay on my order which i thought was unusual for them, so i dropped them an email within 5 minutes cml was on the phone explaining what the problem was, long story short it was sorted now that is customer service of the highest order athumb..

I just love their emails.
Worth the price of purchase alone clapa
For the most part they are incredibly personalised as well (although I’ve had a couple of more generic “I hope you have some exciting plans in your brew shed” ones, assuming they are less personalised when they are busy) - I was even told that one of them grew up in a village a couple of miles from where I live.

Back