CO2 regulator advice please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jumfish

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought the regulator below and need some advice please. I'm going to move onto cornies soon for the first time and can't find anything about this particular type of regulator.

Have I bought the wrong type of regulator?
Do I need to buy a hose to go from the CO2 bottle to the female thread on the left?
I assume that the thumb turn knob is for setting the keg pressure but what is the nut on the front of the other gauge?

Sorry for all the questions. This is new territory for me!

I've also bought a 1/4 male to 3/8 JG connector for the keg side of the regulator.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Welding-Gas-C ... true&rt=nc

That doesn't look like the right regulator to me, but i might be wrong.

You need something like THIS :thumb:

Looks like you've bought a duff one here I'm afraid. You're missing the 'tail' which connects it to the gas cylinder.

CO2 and mixed gas (N2/CO2) cylinders have different thread fittings on them, they're not interchangeable although you can get an adaptor machined.

The rest of the regulator will be fine for either gas though.

You just need to get the missing 'ose

be careful with high pressure hose connections to the bottle, be prepared for the tube to go steel rigid with pressure. Dont loop round anything and mount everything securely prior to connecting and opening the bottle.

me id buy a £30 new welders regulator you bolt directly to the bottle, i use one and its been great..

Latest posts

Back