US CO2 regulator to UK adapter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tombo

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know where I can get an adapter to convert a US CO2 regulator to fit onto a UK cylinder or what type of adapter (model number etc) I need please?
They are a different thread, Thank you

co2po_double_body.jpg

Hi,
These were originally bought over to the UK from Northern Brewer by Beerhawk. They didn't realise that US cylinders had a different thread. They had a company fabricate adapters. It maybe worth contacting them to see if they have any left. Otherwise I dont believe this is an easy fix.

Hi,
These were originally bought over to the UK from Northern Brewer by Beerhawk. They didn't realise that US cylinders had a different thread. They had a company fabricate adapters. It maybe worth contacting them to see if they have any left. Otherwise I dont believe this is an easy fix.
Yes I remember this, shame it didn’t work out they sold some nice brands that nobody stocks here.

Yosoo CO2 bottle tank W21.8 CGA320 adapter converter for aquarium (W21.8-14 Female to CGA320 male) Amazon.co.uk
Aha, I have exactly the same problem having bought what turns out to be a CGA320 reg on eBay -
it has a CGA320 *female* threaded socket. This guy:

VEVOR CO2 Regulator Gauge with Check Valve for Draft Beer Homebrew CGA320 | eBay

My Co2 cylinder has a UK *male* outlet threaded post -tech spec sheet at:

https://hobbyweld.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Cylinder-Technical-Information-April-2019.pdf
I have learnt an awful lot about CGA320/W21.8 fittings and their incompatibility/ unwillingness to mate since..

Did a bit of research into getting an adapter and arrived at exactly the same Amazon URL for the Yosoo adapter.

Problem solved I thought, until it arrived - they sent the exact opposite of what I needed (despite the picture / description saying otherwise - its wrong). They sent one which has a female CGA320 socket and a male W21.8 post. Grrrrr, see pic attached - you can see in the background there's a handy (but incorrect) label saying 'Connect W21.8').

Looking at the item reviews I noticed there were other comments about the wrong item being sent, and a second 'option' on the item page which I figured *must* be the reverse - i.e. what I needed. So I returned the first one, and ordered the other option. Next day the same bloody (wrong) thing arrives, at which point I return it again and give up.

No money lost, just a whole lot of wasted time. The eBay seller couldnt be bothered dealing with the return for the reg and so kindly let me keep it free of charge.

I ended up buying a new UK reg from The Malt Miller which was more expensive but fits on the cylinder without any adaptor and just works. But I've got this CGA320 reg kicking around and it seems a shame not to have it perhaps as a spare - has anyone got any info on a definite link for the adaptor I need (apart from the Yosoo one which I really cant be dealing with again..)

Thanks very much in advance for any info/help,

Cheers
David

Attachments

• WrongAdapter.jpg
    WrongAdapter.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 0
That's frustrating. I ordered the same adaptor and received the correct one having acquired a US regulator effectively free bundled with a cornie.

Aha, I have exactly the same problem having bought what turns out to be a CGA320 reg on eBay -
it has a CGA320 *female* threaded socket. This guy:

VEVOR CO2 Regulator Gauge with Check Valve for Draft Beer Homebrew CGA320 | eBay

My Co2 cylinder has a UK *male* outlet threaded post -tech spec sheet at:

https://hobbyweld.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Cylinder-Technical-Information-April-2019.pdf
I have learnt an awful lot about CGA320/W21.8 fittings and their incompatibility/ unwillingness to mate since..

Did a bit of research into getting an adapter and arrived at exactly the same Amazon URL for the Yosoo adapter.

Problem solved I thought, until it arrived - they sent the exact opposite of what I needed (despite the picture / description saying otherwise - its wrong). They sent one which has a female CGA320 socket and a male W21.8 post. Grrrrr, see pic attached - you can see in the background there's a handy (but incorrect) label saying 'Connect W21.8').

Looking at the item reviews I noticed there were other comments about the wrong item being sent, and a second 'option' on the item page which I figured *must* be the reverse - i.e. what I needed. So I returned the first one, and ordered the other option. Next day the same bloody (wrong) thing arrives, at which point I return it again and give up.

No money lost, just a whole lot of wasted time. The eBay seller couldnt be bothered dealing with the return for the reg and so kindly let me keep it free of charge.

I ended up buying a new UK reg from The Malt Miller which was more expensive but fits on the cylinder without any adaptor and just works. But I've got this CGA320 reg kicking around and it seems a shame not to have it perhaps as a spare - has anyone got any info on a definite link for the adaptor I need (apart from the Yosoo one which I really cant be dealing with again..)

Thanks very much in advance for any info/help,

Cheers
David
Have you tried Ali Express?

Thanks for your replies folks, I looked at AliExpress but couldnt see the right adapter anywhere - although there were lots of alternatives. Maybe I'll try the Yosoo Amazon one again and pray they send the right one third time around... Cheers

Update - I decided to give the Amazon Yooso item another try seeing as it has free returns. URL - Yosoo CO2 Cylinder Tank W21.8 CGA320 Adapter Converter For Aquarium Fish Tank(W21.8 TO CGA320) : Amazon.co.uk: Pet Supplies

This time around I chose the 'Add both to Cart' options under the 'Frequently Bought Together' section of the page - which I thought might reduce a chance of another foul-up by the sender.

Good news - this time round two *different* items arrived, one is the right one (female W21.8 to male CGA320) for my use case.. hurrah!

The other is the reverse (female CGA320 to male W21.8) and will be going back for refund. See attached pictures - there are some item codes with barcodes on the bags they come in, which I didnt see reference to anywhere on Amazon but maybe they are useful for verifying which one is which. I havent had a chance to test the one I need in anger so I cant verify that the TPI and pitch etc. is correct but it looks good so far. Hope that helps somebody somewhere.

Cheers
David

Attachments

• PXL_20231130_144121753.jpg
    PXL_20231130_144121753.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231130_144224033.jpg
    PXL_20231130_144224033.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231130_144425857.jpg
    PXL_20231130_144425857.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 0
Should be good. The "W" is for "Whitworth", the 19th C. guy who laid out the threadform. The "14" is the TPI, threads per inch, which is what you want. And the 21.8 is the diameter ... yes, in "millimeters" 😵‍💫 (Hey, don't blame me, I didn't write the rules).

Latest posts

Back