CO2 regulator

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonranson

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anybody recommend a good CO2 regulator? I've got the Corny, 3/8" hose, the CO2 (male thread)... and the beer :drink: but the last thing is the regulator. I've seen a few on ebay and on various websites, but im not sure what I'm getting. Most of the ebay ones appear to be welding regulators, so possibly with limited scope for setting to the lower pressures we need.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Cheers
Simon

(edited as I dropped a bollock and said it was a female thread)

simonranson said:
Hi,

Can anybody recommend a good CO2 regulator? I've got the Corny, 3/8" hose, the CO2 (female thread)... and the beer :drink: but the last thing is the regulator. I've seen a few on ebay and on various websites, but im not sure what I'm getting. Most of the ebay ones appear to be welding regulators, so possibly with limited scope for setting to the lower pressures we need.

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Cheers
Simon

I've been looking this up myself recently. Standard CO2 bottles are male thread and regulators female. I've also got an old bottle which is female thread. They are 5/8" BSP and can be converted from male to female using a male-male converter available on ebay for a 2 or 3 quid. I'll probably need to get a new bottle though, likely to be male thread and get a regulator, also off ebay for about £30.

I dropped Norm an email this morning and now have a nice regulator with three secondaries on it's way.... Ive heard of the breading habits of cornies. So thought best to cater for future growth :)

Back