Co2 supplier near Newark

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 6kg CO2 cylinder I got from Yorkshire CO2 in Doncaster (great supplier). However to take my cylinder back there to swap it is a 2 hour trip for me. I wondered if anyone had a supplier nearer to Newark where I live? Finding the time for a trip to Doncaster is difficult with a young family!

Thanks in advance

Hello! You could give Cheers Cellar Gas a call on 07872 628984. They are based in Leicestershire which isn’t too far away I don’t think. Give them a call as I’m sure they will be able to help out.

Thank you for the reply and recommendation. Looks like they are on the wrong side of Leicestershire for me but I'll give them a shout and see.

I've contacted them only yesterday. They are close to J21 of the M1 so it might be in their delivery area.

Hi there, I used gasandhire.com based in Chesterfield. They were really good and delivered the cylinder to Blidworth Hardware store which is near Mansfield, about 30mins from Newark. Can't remember the cost exactly. I think I paid a one off £50 charge for the cylinder, and I believe it is £25 for an exchange but might be wrong.

Couldn't find anything nearer but was happy for a 1hr trip once a year.

Where are you based?

It was, would be ideal. I've bought patio gas from them before and collected, so not sure why they didn't want to supply me the CO2. It was very frustrating, especially because the day after they told me they wouldn't supply me, I saw one of their vans coming down my street!

I’ve also brought patio gas from them, hence knowing the company. I’d have thought you could do more damage with a cylinder of flammable gas rather than co2 so no idea of the rationale

Don't bother with Gas Direct, They were no help at all. In the end got a mega price from Cheers Cellar Gas and managed to get a colleague to pick it up when he was passing through the area. result!

Hi chaps and chapesses
I’m new to the forum as well as brewin. I’ve bought a couple of corny kegs for my brews as after a bit of advice on gas. I’ve been using soda stream bottles up until now and my son is also new to brewing but he’s been to his gas supplier (as he’s a plumber) and gotten a larger bottle of CO2. I’ve read that it’s not a good idea to use anything other than food grade CO2 due to certain impurities in the gas. What grade should I be using and what mixture 50/50, 60/40 or 70/30 I’ve done a few different types generally IPAs and a couple of lager. From what I understand is the 50/50 would be more suitable for ales and lager. unfortunately it might be a little more expensive but from what I’ve seen it’s relatively cheep. Thoughts would be appreciated

Hi, welcome to the site and to brewing! Yes I think it's more to do with stuff like oil particles in the gas.

I'd go for food grade just to be on the safe side. You can 70:30 which I think some people use, but most people just use straight 100% CO2.

Latest posts

Back