Contact Lenses

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi @DrGMc, I must admit that the optician said that I was a tad different to most people as I had no discomfort whilst wearing them for long periods and that I could read the bottom line of the chart after wearing contacts for only a week, he said that my brain is still learning, so should make my sight better as time goes on, if you can afford it then take the plunge. A lot of opticians have free trials of contacts as long as you have an up to date eye test, beware tho as they are not entirely free if you don't sign up with there Direct Debit Scheme(consultation charges etc) After a week I have sussed the 'getting them in' side as this can be quite tricky but over all I'm really glad I took the plunge.

OK I think your selling it to me - I susspect a trip to the opticiian to get a good measurement of what left of these kanckered old eyeballs and then its the plunge - I dont lack the dosh but some times I di lack the commone sense (oe at least thats what the wee lassie tells me!)
Lets see where I end up
\thamks
Graham

I had monthly disposables for a while when I was younger (I was a nurse at the time). To be honest, I don't miss them. The times I tried to remove them when I'd already taken them out... Then there was the extra time putting them in in the morning... Oh and don't EVER wear them whilst cooking using fresh chilies…… You find yourself praying for the next pair to arrive, whilst soaking them repeatedly in protein remover in the hope the burn will reduce... lol

Sadly I have to make do with 2 pairs of glasses now, 1 pair for distance, 1 pair for reading, and it's right pita....

Latest posts

Back