Coopers beer bottles delaminating

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark-h

Reaction score
Hi guys not been on for a while. I bought my coopers kit about 3 years ago I am now finding that the bottles are delaminating which causes them to leak CO2 resulting in flat beer. I have emailed the manufacturers and they said there was a problem with bottles then but even now the bottles still have a limited use. Has anyone else experienced this?
Mark

This has started happening to a friend of mine (not to him, to his bottles!)
He bought them about three years ago and you can see the change in colouration where delamination is happening. He hasn't noticed any loss of CO2 yet though.
I bought one lot of PET then moved over to glass bottles, they just look and feel 'right' for beer.

Yep when I start brewing again I will go to glass bottles. They have offered me 6 cases of plastic bottles for half price as a good will gesture!

After about 18 months of use my bottles just didn't seem to be oxy-barring any more. My beer would oxidies by about 6 weeks (I know, drink it faster!). Fortunately my LHBS/microbrewery gives away free glass bottles so I exchanged all my PET for glass at the start of the year

Had my Coopers ones two years and they are ok still.

Got some crown cap ones with my starter kit and one or two of those have delaminates from the pressure of capping. Just binned them.

I have 100s of glass bottles so I don't fret too much.

Nothing lasts forever!

Latest posts

Back