Coopers Kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parker

Reaction score
I will be making my first ever brews using Coopers products.
I have chosen to make a Real Ale Kit with a 1.5k can of light malt extract.
Also an Australian Draught paired with a 1k beer enhancer.
any comments please on how do you think these pairings would work out?

thumbs up for both, the tins of malt extract of the powdered version (spraymalt or dry malt extract) are better than using standard sugar as they are meant to give it more 'body' whereas sugar is said to leave the beer a bit thin.
ive made both of the kits and they were decent, i'd definately invest in some spraymalt.

I've recently done a coopers canadian blonde and used 500g light spray malt and 700g of dextrose, it turned out to be one of the nicest kits i have done.

On a personal note I dont use the enhancers, just use 500g spray malt and 500g dextrose as it works cheaper. :cheers:

Sorry for the thread hijack, but I have a related question.

I'm thinking of doing the Coopers Mexican Cerveza ready for the summer, would I be best using a brew enhancer or spray malt/dextrose mix, or just the recommended 1kg dextrose? I don't know if it makes a difference with it being a lager. Also, I've read that the coopers kits come with ale yeast, would I get a better result if I bought a lager yeast?

when i made the Coopers Mexican Cerveza i used 250 light spray malt and 800 dextrose and left it for at least 12 weeks, it had a AVB of 4.7% and tasted just like the real deal

Great stuff cheers. I had a look into lager yeasts and I don't think I'd be able to control the temperature enough, so I'll stick with the kit provided ale yeast.

I am going to do this tomorrow I think the coopers mexican cerveza. I will prob just use full sugar and pitch a huge amount of Safale lager yeast.. see what happens...

The Mexican Cerveza yeast is, bizarrely, a mix of lager and ale yeast, according to Coopers website.

I made this with Fermentis lager yeast and it was delicious. I have another one on the go now.

I think this is well and truly a thread hijack....come on moderators put the house in order!!!!

Again, sorry. It wasn't supposed to turn into a full blown Cerveza comparison, but I thought my question was so similar to yours that it didn't deserve a separate thread.

Latest posts

Back