Ideas on how to use up this kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimboscott

Reaction score
Hi all, I've got a selection of kit which I'm looking to get used up as I'm transitioning from kit brews to AG / Partial Mashes.

I have:
Cooper's European lager kitx1
1l Munich LME
3l premium light DME
100 g hallertau hops
Kit yeast from the Cooper's lager and 4xmango jack's m54 lager yeast
2xclarity ferm
Coopers beer enhancer 1

I purposefully kept these to one side as they made sense in terms of making 2x lagers which I haven't done much of but thought I'd give it a go at some point, it appears the time is now!

I don't want to just brew the kit and then the extract brew as that feels a little dull so wondered if this split would work?

Cooper's kit plus 1kg of Munich LME with a 20-30g hallertau dry hop

Extract brew with 3kg LME plus the beer enhancer and hallertau addition at
40g 60mins
15g 30 mins
15g at the end

Neither of these are going to be complex brews but I've used all of my other hops, DME, Ale kits etc doing more interesting stuff so thought the above 'should' make 2 reasonable lagers but should add something to the kit in particular?

I'm then going to get some grains and equipment in a few weeks time and want to start from scratch using recipes from books and my own from online calculators.

Hi all, I've got a selection of kit which I'm looking to get used up as I'm transitioning from kit brews to AG / Partial Mashes.

I have:
Cooper's European lager kitx1
1l Munich LME
3l premium light DME
100 g hallertau hops
Kit yeast from the Cooper's lager and 4xmango jack's m54 lager yeast
2xclarity ferm
Coopers beer enhancer 1

I purposefully kept these to one side as they made sense in terms of making 2x lagers which I haven't done much of but thought I'd give it a go at some point, it appears the time is now!

I don't want to just brew the kit and then the extract brew as that feels a little dull so wondered if this split would work?

Cooper's kit plus 1kg of Munich LME with a 20-30g hallertau dry hop

Extract brew with 3kg LME plus the beer enhancer and hallertau addition at
40g 60mins
15g 30 mins
15g at the end

Neither of these are going to be complex brews but I've used all of my other hops, DME, Ale kits etc doing more interesting stuff so thought the above 'should' make 2 reasonable lagers but should add something to the kit in particular?

I'm then going to get some grains and equipment in a few weeks time and want to start from scratch using recipes from books and my own from online calculators.
Your suggestions look fine to me, but I would check the fermentation temperatures suggested for the yeast you use.

Your suggestions look fine to me, but I would check the fermentation temperatures suggested for the yeast you use.
Cheers for that, I thought they looked ok for what I'm aiming for, will see how it turns out!

Good point on the yeast, I use M54 for most of my lagers as saves space in my brew fridge and these will be fermenting at a fairly constant 19c

Latest posts

Back