Coopers wheat beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark-h

Reaction score
I am going to do this kit this week has anyone done it before and got any tips for me it's only my second home brew and I am using the coopers DIY fermenting kit and bottles

hi , i have done this , i would advise throw away the yeast you get with it out the window and get some safbrew wb-06 yeast and add dried malt extract (light if poss) instead of sugar its all about yeasts when brewing and even more so with wheat brews :thumb:

Hi, I'm awaiting the delivery of a Coopers Wheat Beer kit myself so can't offer any advice at the mo but will be interested to know how you get on. This will also be my 2nd brew. I read somewhere that Wheat Beer is best drunk fresh rather than it getting better the longer it's left. I'll be opening a bottle of my 1st brew next week, 6 weeks after bottling. Good luck and I'll let you know how I get on too.

garylewis1966 said:
Hi, I'm awaiting the delivery of a Coopers Wheat Beer kit myself so can't offer any advice at the mo but will be interested to know how you get on. This will also be my 2nd brew. I read somewhere that Wheat Beer is best drunk fresh rather than it getting better the longer it's left. I'll be opening a bottle of my 1st brew next week, 6 weeks after bottling. Good luck and I'll let you know how I get on too.
true but thats really when all grain brewing because of the large amount of wheat malt used

I have read that it needs 10 days to ferment and at least 2 weeks on the bottles the kit states 500g of spray malt and 300g of brewing sugar which I have got and I will swap yeast for 1 mentioned in above post

Back