Cornie Keg or Bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Verb77

Reaction score
Hi all;
I'm looking for advice on what to use. Should I use a Cornie Keg or Bottles for my beer. I think I would like to do a mix of both. Unless someone has some better ideas of what to use??

How long should my beer last in the bottles and the cornie??

Once the cornie has been started how long will the beer last in there??

Thanks

Carl
:cheers:

With a corny only holding 19litres and my brew lengths about 21, I bottles the last couple of litres and put away for several months.
Longest I've kept a beer for is about eight months, but believe up to 18 months is fine

I do the same and put 19l into a corny and then put a few bottles away. Handy for when your mates come round and drink all your kegs.. :hmm:

Depends, darker stronger beers could last years.

You're looking at a good few months. I'm drinking a light golden pale one that I made last summer.

Go to links and you'll find Norms email address. Norm's kegs come with disconnects for in and out and cost £40, though I see he has some on ebay for £45

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/normannumpa

someone in the for sale section is selling them for £35, but no idea what they include.

Norm was doing £50 delivered when I emailed him fairly recently, he occasionally has some 'bargain' ones as well - a few more dents but a nice price, I got his last 2 for £60 the pair delivered, but he may have more.

Back