Dangeruss Brian's Brewdays 2024

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well lads n lasses, i hummed n harred with the final taste, not the result of the clearing up!!
i just pin point the taste that’s annoying me!! makes for a pour a pint that’s satifiing 😢
so for the fist time in decades the batches fate was sealed
IMG_8818.jpeg
all i can think is the hops, not the yeast, also first time using polenta..
IMG_8951.jpeg
hayhoo! the Spitfire brewday was good. 24l but got one o them Milwaukee refract things to try! as a said in a thread, it was 2nd n half price.
but with me struggling with numbers and then confused with brix to FG i’ll have to redo the test!!
IMG_8870.jpeg
IMG_8868.jpeg
IMG_8867.jpeg
end o day we should be SECOND GUESS OUR READINGS, all i say back in day i only had a calibrated hydrometer and took the reading to ABOUT OR NEARLY 😂
now intro other means of reading!! wouldn’t mind if the second refraction laddo reading was close to the hydrometer, then the milwaukee just smashed my head in!! even calibrate again!
so my maths in an active brewday for working out averages 🧠🙄🤕
obv i went down the rabbit hole of wort readings and UNCERTAINTY creep in.
so lads n lasses hope you can help me tiny mind,
all three will be calibrated.
a sugar solution made at around 21c.
i’m coukd wait till next brew day lol
hmmmmmmmm! 🤔’ing 🙄
got new stir plate!! so might kill two do-darrs with one stone! n do a yeast starter!!!
why not! hunt out my DME n get cracking on.
TBC

in my head
the 3 readings are:
1.035-36- SAY 1.036
Screenshot (395).jpg
BUT THE HARD PART TO UNDERSTAND, WHY THE MOST EXPENSIVE THING the Milwauki thingy has higher reading...and i done it a few times.
what you all think? did i buy a waste o time the Milwaukee? like i said in other thread chuffed i didnt pay 150 beaver pelts, only £70.

ive been there with a Rapt Pill coulnt get it to graft, plus one arm operation was doing my nappa in. it went to my pal in USA and it graft mint.
BEFORE ANYONE SAYS IT...as i like my gadgets looking at the Anton parr Easydens for months!!! £350wink...
watch this space!!

3rd April 24.
was looking 👀 in youtube ref slow cold crash , three degrees (a long somewhere in that!🤦‍♂️🤣) lower every 12 hours. suppose to get better head retention.
painstaking the spitfire ale is on its way.
jacked up o them cold crash guardian’s from my pal in USA,
to try in the 27l Brewbucket.
IMG_8946.jpeg
valve over (Co2)
coming out ok, was a bit o stuck ferment, but a quick adjust n it’s went good.
IMG_9038.jpeg
IMG_9039.jpeg
off to work out a cherry saison recipe.
catch you all lata.
Bri

Latest posts

Back