DANKE SCHON IPA! My first effort!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

londondan109

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls! Have never brewed before but im gonna take a plunge into the deep end on Saturday providing my ingredients arrives with an IPA i devised on HOPVILLE.

Just thought i'd guage how the recipe sits with you guys and ask for any hints and tips that the usuall "how to" vids and blogs dont tell you!

recipe is here http://hopville.com/recipe/749383/engli ... -schon-ipa

Let me know what you think

Dan

Personally I would do an IPA with 60 IBU's at OG 1052'ish with a BU:GU 1.10'ish, so I would up your IBU's, also do a 90 min boil with all the Challenger at 90mins, Goldings is good for late hop aroma, also consider dry hopping, wait until main fermentation is over and then add 10-20g Goldings to the FV for a few days before bottling/kegging. Otherwise looks good. Good luck :cheers:

Good Ed said:
Personally I would do an IPA with 60 IBU's at OG 1052'ish with a BU:GU 1.10'ish, so I would up your IBU's, also do a 90 min boil with all the Challenger at 90mins, Goldings is good for late hop aroma, also consider dry hopping, wait until main fermentation is over and then add 10-20g Goldings to the FV for a few days before bottling/kegging. Otherwise looks good. Good luck :cheers:

Cheers Good Ed, Yeah I think i may just bang in all the challenger to start with. do you get a lot more from a 90 minute boil? Ive never done a brew before but everything ive read has told me a 60 min boil is needed.

Back