De-ice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have used many different methods over the years and settled on warm water and one of these, melt the ice with the warm water then remove it with the soft rubber squeeze leaving nothing to ice over again, a clear car in 2 minute and no freezing fingers.

How do you de-ice yours.

1670578221600.png

For a long time I've had Fords with heated screens, just press the button and wait 60 seconds or so
My Freelander is from the time that Ford owned Land rover. I appreciate the heated screen.
I think Ford inherited them from Volvo when they owned them. I'm sure the Volvo I had years ago had a heated screen (and a heated steering wheel and heated seat, that was luxury)

If anyone wants to try the warm water and squeegee method i found this cheap silicone squeegee at Halfords today -

1111111re.JPG

Recycled Plastic Squeegee and Scraper​

Recycled from abandoned fishing nets, the Recycled Plastic Squeegee and Scraper is the essential element to deal with winter. With its two sides, a frost scraper side and a silicone scraper side, this scraper is timeless. It can be used in summer and winter. In addition to being resistant and efficient, it is a great contribution to the preservation of our planet.

Did you know over 100 million tons of plastic waste circulates in the ocean and about 10 million tons is added annually? Every year 640 tonnes of fishing nets are abandoned or lost, which is equivalent to 14 billion ice scrapers!

We have been able to revalue marine litter by producing an ice-scraper entirely made from fishing nets salvaged from the ocean. The aim of this eco-responsible approach is to help the planet by encouraging the circular economy and demonstrating that plastic doesn't have to be a waste product - it can be a recyclable material.

Latest posts

Back