Digital thermometer recommendation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two IHT-1s (one brewing and one cooking), but have definitely killed the brewing one through liquid ingress. That's user error though and have had a good experience with them at the price point.

Doing a very quick and rather unscientific test of dunking them all into the same jug of hot water just now, the cheapo meat thermometer reads 43.2ºC and the three band-gap sensors read 43.6, 43.8 and 43.8. That's good enough for me!
I could almost be convinced that was some form of calibration you've felt the need to attempt, there. 😉

Going back a few years before I had such nice things as waterproof thermometers, I did resort to using this from my bag. It is pretty accurate but the risk of damage while brewing is too high to risk it these days. If you had a normal plastic version though it would work…. And definitively no risk of contamination 😊
IMG_0782.jpeg

Going back a few years before I had such nice things as waterproof thermometers, I did resort to using this from my bag. It is pretty accurate but the risk of damage while brewing is too high to risk it these days. If you had a normal plastic version though it would work…. And definitively no risk of contamination 😊
View attachment 98015
OMG I remember trying to use one of those when our son was a baby… never managed to get the darn thing lined up properly…

Latest posts

Back