Does anyone have a clone for Abbeydale Moonshine?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This, to me, is one of the greatest session pints in existence.

Having spent 6ish years in Sheffield this was my go-to pint. I'm planning on having some friends from University visit over the summer and would love to be able to make this. I did get a cask of it for a birthday a few years ago, but want to have a crack at making it

I know the recipe changed at some point as believe it was originally all-Willamette but now includes Centennial, Chinook, Citra, Delta, and Tradition as well. I would probably want to use fewer varietals than the current recipe.

Malts are fairly simple, low colour marris otter and a touch of wheat for body.

I will be kegging this as don't have a beer engine so I know the mouthfeel won't be the same

The publish the gravity and IBU details so that should be fairly easy to match.

I assume they have a house yeast but does anyone know a decent strain to use instead?

If anyone has a recipe to share I'd be much obliged.

This, to me, is one of the greatest session pints in existence.

Having spent 6ish years in Sheffield this was my go-to pint. I'm planning on having some friends from University visit over the summer and would love to be able to make this. I did get a cask of it for a birthday a few years ago, but want to have a crack at making it
Email the above to the brewery, they may be accomodating. I've met him once or twice, although don't know him, but the head brewer Jim Rangeley once helped judge a homebrew competition I entered at Brewdog Manchester, so I think he's pretty homebrew friendly. He sometimes collab brews with friends who also entered that comp, but now have their own brewery.

Back