Dusting on bottom of bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredjones1uk

Reaction score
Hi All, i bottled a batch yesterday that looked crystal clear but today there is a slight dusting at the bottom of the bottles, am i best to leave it or decant into other bottles any advice much appreciated

This is just sediment that you will get with any bottle conditioned beer. No need to worry about it. Just pour slowly when you come to drinking it

No problem I had the same when I did wine last. I just left it by the time I was drinking it (6 months after bottling). It was compacted enough not to be a problem

I found the same sediment in my bottles of raspberry wine, I just syphoned it into a clean bottle, rinsed that bottle and syphoned the next bottle into that and so on until all the bottles are done.
I do now filter my wines at bottling as it puts a nice shine on the wine, but I also bulk condition my wines for a while before bottling, that gets rid of any sediment before filtering.
HTH
Steve.

You're probably being a wee bit impatient with the brew and bottling it a bit early. The other possibility of course is that you're disturbing a bit of sediment when racking. It shouldn't make too much difference to your wine, just decant it before drinking.

Latest posts

Back