English Defence League (EDL)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi!

This week's competition is "Spot the Braincell"
Here is a photograph of several people who are from the shallow end of the gene pool, but only one of them has a brain cell.
Can you spot him?
First prize is a year's free membership of the EDL.
Second prize is two year's membership of the EDL.

457401.jpg
Is it the one that managed to tie his own laces, and then the others for them?

I dont think England/Britain has much to fear from this EDL mob. Most people do what we have done almost immediatly, here on HBF, and take the **** out of them

THE WDL GUIDE TO NAZI SALUTES

457401.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Back Row (Left to Right): The Usain Bolt, The Flower Pot Man, Sir Can I Go To The Toilet, Kooeey Ducky!, Hold My Beer, None-Handed, The Umpire Signalling a Bye.

Front Row (Left to Far Right): Come Back Kes!, The Yo-Yo, The Frisbee Catch, Mum I'm On The Telly!

457401.jpg
[/quote]

Back Row (Left to Right): The Usain Bolt, The Flower Pot Man, Sir Can I Go To The Toilet, Kooeey Ducky!, Hold My Beer, None-Handed, The Umpire Signalling a Bye.

Front Row (Left to Far Right): Come Back Kes!, The Yo-Yo, The Frisbee Catch, Mum I'm On The Telly!

Brilliant

The EDL has sadly always attracted a small element of proper knuckle dragging racist idiots but they were never made welcome.
The same is true with any organisation on the right of British politics - including the Tory party.
Although he is no longer connected with the EDL, "Tommy Robinson" is undoubtedly one of the most unjustifiably vilified men in the public eye and I would challenge anyone to watch his address to the Oxford Union and come away thinking he is the cartoon fascist that the press would have you believe he is:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YQ94jFg_4A[/ame]

The EDL has sadly always attracted a small element of proper knuckle dragging racist idiots but they were never made welcome.
The same is true with any organisation on the right of British politics - including the Tory party.
Although he is no longer connected with the EDL, "Tommy Robinson" is undoubtedly one of the most unjustifiably vilified men in the public eye and I would challenge anyone to watch his address to the Oxford Union and come away thinking he is the cartoon fascist that the press would have you believe he is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YQ94jFg_4A

He gets his point of view across very well in the talk, but he airbrushes a lot. The video doesn't include the Q&A session after the talk, and this is important. Robinson isn't part of the EDL any more and his address to the union is him at his most conciliatory, but in the Q&A he is made to confront his past and the sweeping generalisations and hate-mongering he has been guilty of. In order to become part of a solution and not part of the problem, he has had to quit the EDL, precisely because the EDL is part of the problem.

When you see pictures like this the "what are you for" could be a bit of a worry.

https://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2010/08/457386.html?c=on

457401.jpg

I think equally there's the other side of the muslim marches which have similar traits to the edl. Stacey Dooley has a documentary which tries to understand the changes in her home town where she comes in contact with pro shiriah law protesters and women in burkhas advising her to cover herself up.
By the end of the program you can see a sense of despair and disappointment with someone seeing her place of childhood memories being a distant after thought.
Whilst I condone both extreme sides I thought it was worth mentioning there is other nationals and home grown people here intent on changing our way of life/society to suit they'res.

50,000 downloads!
How many times was the content of those downloads disseminated further by printouts, on flash drives or by burning to CD's?
Downloading stuff like that is a risky business and people know it, so it's only natural that only the most dedicated nuts will do it, but if only five people see the material for each download, that's a quarter of a million people on our streets actively exposing themselves to material designed to recruit and train would be killers.
If you think this is an over reaction, trust me, it's not. I have a Muslim mate of some 30 years standing who simply despairs. He has changed mosques three times because he's sick of hearing extremist material being either directly preached or tolerated. He's also placed no barriers in front of his daughters who wanted to get educated (and boy, are they educated) and marry white guys. Both girls now live abroad and although he doesn't get to see his grandkids as often as he'd like, that makes him very happy because he can see what's coming in the UK.

What's coming, like?

None of your 'information' excuses the likes of the EDL. They are extreme. They do foster racist views collectively, and individually. They harbour violent extremists. They encourage hectoring and bullying tactics. They wallow in nazi symbolism. They obsessively fixate on a narrow world view.

"The EDL has sadly always attracted a small element of proper knuckle dragging racist idiots but they were never made welcome."

In my opinion, that is misguided at best, or possibly disingenuous.

Tommy Robinson seems to have moved on from his knuckle dragging days imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhrhLovaFs8

I think EDL have moved on and attracted neo-nazis by the looks of it, that's why Robinson left.

I can appreciate how he feels, it can't be much fun to see your home town taken over by an often hostile group of people who have no intention of assimilating.
It's not just this country either, there are similar problems across Western Europe, even worse on Belgium, France and Sweden.

What's coming, like?

None of your 'information' excuses the likes of the EDL. They are extreme. They do foster racist views collectively, and individually. They harbour violent extremists. They encourage hectoring and bullying tactics. They wallow in nazi symbolism. They obsessively fixate on a narrow world view.

"The EDL has sadly always attracted a small element of proper knuckle dragging racist idiots but they were never made welcome."

In my opinion, that is misguided at best, or possibly disingenuous.

Take away the 'nazi symbolism' bit and you could be describing another group of people dominating the news right now. Only this other group are here in infinitely greater numbers and really are a danger to our society.

Can't see this thread ending well.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Me neither.

Part of the problem is that we're talking extreme head cases on both sides. Most people, even to the left or right, or from different faiths, simply aren't head-the-balls.

But people play the middle like it's either end....

Funny isn't it?
You can bandy around terms like "extreme" and suggest that the EDL "do foster racist views collectively, and individually", "harbour violent extremists", "encourage hectoring and bullying tactics", "wallow in nazi symbolism" etc without feeling the need to provide a shred of evidence to support those claims.

Can you find any evidence of Tommy Robinson ever making a racist comment?
Can you find any evidence of official EDL material that is racist?
Did you even bother to watch his Oxford Union address?

We have Tommy and his ilk disowning racists and standing up against an authoritarian gay hating, Jew hating, intolerant ideology hell bent on world domination - and they get called fascists
Meanwhile, on the left of British politics, we have Livingstone ranting about Jews, councillors John Clarke and Ilyas Aziz expressing anti-Semitic views and the glorious leader Corbyn with his terrorist "friends from HAMAS.
You couldn't make it up

Funny isn't it?
You can bandy around terms like "extreme" and suggest that the EDL "do foster racist views collectively, and individually", "harbour violent extremists", "encourage hectoring and bullying tactics", "wallow in nazi symbolism" etc without feeling the need to provide a shred of evidence to support those claims.

Can you find any evidence of Tommy Robinson ever making a racist comment?
Can you find any evidence of official EDL material that is racist?
Did you even bother to watch his Oxford Union address?

We have Tommy and his ilk disowning racists and standing up against an authoritarian gay hating, Jew hating, intolerant ideology hell bent on world domination - and they get called fascists
Meanwhile, on the left of British politics, we have Livingstone ranting about Jews, councillors John Clarke and Ilyas Aziz expressing anti-Semitic views and the glorious leader Corbyn with his terrorist "friends from HAMAS.
You couldn't make it up

I think Dianne abbott is a racist....but thats another story

Back