Extracts and flavourings (the bottled sort)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be ok to dump some in at the end of the boil (possibly flame out) and then some into the secondary. TBH, I have not had much success when it comes to adding PB or adjuncts that tickle my fancy in general. Success can be had but I find it comes with tried and tested recipes.

ok, newb question, but we gotta start somewhere right..?

I'm thinking about a peanut butter stout, and saw this the other day...any good, or avoid like the plague?

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/301341412

Peanut Hottie Peanut Butter Powder 180G

or am i barking completely up the wrong tree..?

I think that would be fine. Looks like pretty much the same as PB2 from Holland and batrett so I would use in the same way. As @phildo79 say, use at the end of boil and possibly post fermentation almost like a dry hop.

I vaguely remember reading that one of the popular peanut butter stouts they get the peanut flavour in there using an extract from an actual nut, hazlenuts maybe? Not 100% sure though, I just remember reading some very surprised replies. I think the reasoning was though that actually peanut products give more aroma than flavour or something.

Latest posts

Back