Favourite Beer Bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked a few of these up from a mate as well, very unique although I see they have already been mentioned!

9328.jpg

The beer's a little like Stella brewed with rice. Other than that, I like Magners and Bulmers, you can really feel the weight on them!

Rwilts said:
I have 1 swing top glass bottle 750 L from a recent party. Came from m&s with a soft drink inside. Don't know how much it is tho :?

i just bought few of these, raspberry and lemon soda or blackcurrant soda

currently £2.49 each and 3 for 2 so 3 for a fiver 750mlclear swingtops

Hi
As a virgin brewer my first brew a youngs brew buddy lager kit, will have been in the FV a week tomorrow I plan to bottle on Sunday, and bottles is something I have been reading and thinking a lot about and have decided to bottle in plastic for my initial brew, while I grow my collection of glass bottles. Does anybody see any issues with bottling in coopers amber plastic bottles with screw caps? I have used brew enhancer instead of table or brewing sugar as it was a cheap kit and plan to bottle prime with table sugar thanks in advance for your opinions.

Carl

no m8 the coopers ones are ideal and the plastic lets you feel how carbonated they are ,if you just give them a squeeze they should be solid with just a little give but not much. :thumb:

Have also sort of bottles, but my two of choice at the moment are the 500ml ( they call them a pint but they arent a true pint) butty Bach bottles, solid,Brown and the labels peel off without any effort. Also have a collection of grolsch green swing tops, but I'd like to get some brown swing tops that hold a pint...I just refuse to pay for empty bottles though

Got in the habit of everytime i go to our local Asda store i have a look in the top of the bottle bank, its one of those that you can easily get your hand into and if its more than two thirds full there can be some rich pickings.

so satisfying to come back with some free beer bottles, i find magners are quite common also like fullers brown bottles, loads to look out for

Recently got my mits on some cool swing tops. Bottled my Christmas, oak aged porter in em. Unfourtunatley I can't stand the thought of giving them away as presents!

Oh yes, can I put my vote in for St Peter's ruby red ale bottles, I love the shape and takes a cap well.

Down with all bottles that have that annoying filmy labels that are a nightmare to remove. T

uju3usu5.jpg

Newcastle are great if you don't mind clear bottles. They are 550 ml rather than the standard 500 ml and the labels just fall off in warm water. I've also got some Das Helle (bought from Aldi) which are a bit bigger than Grolsch bottles and still have the swing top.

There seem to be two types. Bottles with a small lip like Badger ales don't seem to cap that well and those with a larger lip....

Beer brewing n00b here, but I've just bottled my first ever brew (Woodforde's Wherry) in polish lager bottles I got as a job lot off ebay :D 500ml and very dark. Ordered 40 and 39 arrived, 1 broken. Ender up getting them for £4 :cheers:

okocim.jpeg

I've got a fairly decent stash of 500ml brown swingtops some from purchases like Hacker Pschoor from Beers of Europe and others from trips to Germany in the car (Swing tops in supermarkets filled are often less than a euro!)

I've just scrubbed 30 Grolsch swingtops (took about 5 attempts) that had been stuck in a relatives garage for over a decade. New seals on their way also.

My backup stash is 500/330ml brown continental bottles mainly from German/Czech pilsners.

Apart from around ten 500ml brown swingtops, I only ever use proper pint bottles and none of those Euro short measures.

Most of my bottles have been collected in the last 1-3 years and the 500s gradually got recycled as I acquired more Magner's or Bulmer's bottles, keeping my total around 200.

Unfortunately, Bulmer have now switched to a clear bottle and Magner's are using thinner glass.

I also keep a few 600ml Pepsi plastic bottles and use at least a couple of those per brew as carbonation pressure testers.

My local Tesco sells 500ml bottles of Banks's Bitter for £1, so I have loads of these. They're just plain brown bottles, so ideal really. I also have a few brown 500ml swing tops from some German beer that was on offer at Aldi (Das Schwarze I think).

I also get the Bank's Bitter for a quid from ALDI's. A decent pint and the bottle's ok to re-use.

I work at a student halls of residence so just help myself to the glass in the glass boxes they leave out for recycling. They arent drinking enough though!

I tend to get a lot of bud bottles from them which are pretty good

I have a bench capper so the Wychwood bottles aren't a problem, also the labels just float off so I have a fair few of those. I also have a lot of Crabbies bottles as the wife has a fondness for it. I was given loads of magners bottles, but they're boring, there's a larrge collection of other odds and sods as well.

Thing is most of them are empty! :shock:

I stick most of my beers into cornies and what I do bottle tends to sit around for a while, trouble is after accumulating so many bottles (I must have at least 300) I can't bring myself to chuck them!

I need to start brewing some beers that need a good long maturing period.... trouble is in 500ml bottles I don't really want it too strong. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Back