Feather plucking

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stone Cold

Landlord.
Reaction score
anyone know how i prep these little bad boys?!?!

IMG-20111230-00035-2.jpg

Ollie

This is right up my street. :P :whistle: :party: Know F.A. about brewing, but this :thumb:
Boy's :? Ok, just saw another cock lurking in the background. :thumb: Don't miss much but got over excited. :oops:
Now calm down here, say Mrs. S. :)
If you want to put em in a casserole, :D skin up, minimum effort maximum effect. Do a utube, job done in second. ;)
If you want to roast em spend lots of time plucking the pluckers.
S

When you have done it yourself for the first time and have a stew it is very satisfying. I went for skinning as I was doing a stew with a brace. Be ready for a bit of a mess. If you don't know any one to assist as Springer says utube will do the job.
Happy eating;)

any good recipes???? it will be goin on the pub menue. i aint afraid of a little mess.

cheeers
Ollie

I just bucked it in a pot with veg and some lamb that was going to be used for a stew as well. Tasted quite nice as a duo especially after I let it sit till next day.

I go to my local game dealer. They pluck and dress for a quid each.

Failing that, just cut the skin along the breast, peel it back and cut out the two breast fillets. Can't be faffed with all the mess and there's not a lot of other meat to be had.

Wrap the breasts in a good quality dried ham, Serrano or suchlike, sear in a pan and finish in the oven.

big brew ejit said:
I just bucked it in a pot with veg and some lamb that was going to be used for a stew as well. Tasted quite nice as a duo especially after I let it sit till next day.
:? Did you not bother to take the feathers off then :lol:

BeerEagle said:
I go to my local game dealer. They pluck and dress for a quid each.

Failing that, just cut the skin along the breast, peel it back and cut out the two breast fillets. Can't be faffed with all the mess and there's not a lot of other meat to be had.
That's good can't fault you, I'll be down your way. ;)

Breasts only :? , there's more to it than that. :lol:
S

I usualy skin. Haven't got the knack of plucking them yet and I usually tear most of the skin off. :oops:

If you're planning on roasting them, cover them up with something. I wrap mine in bacon.
They can get REALLY dry otherwise.

Enjoy!!

-Paul

Leave in a cold garage for a day or two,
Cut off the head at the base of the neck with scissors,
Snap the legs and wings at the joints and pull out the tendons (this may take some strength)
Pluck the bird,
Stick your fingers in and pull the windpipe etc out the neck and the rest through the nether region.
Wash inside and out then treat like a chicken etc..

Springer said:
big brew ejit said:
:? Did you not bother to take the feathers off then :lol:

I just leave a few on, helps with the roughage ;)

Back