Fermentation Chamber

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidHatton

Reaction score
Been thinking about final getting around to controlling my fermentation temps, but don't want to got the whole hog and buy a fridge, I already have most of the foam insulation. Was thinking of making a cube design and use the lid from a electric cool box and cut out an opening on top for the lid, something similar to this in the image, as it has both heating and cooling thought it may be good at maintaining Kveik temps looks like it has a built in fan, only drawback maybe the system isn't designed to be run continually, but I am sure the chamber would hold temps if insulated well. Any thoughts would be welcome.

1-25-600x600.jpg

Been thinking about final getting around to controlling my fermentation temps, but don't want to got the whole hog and buy a fridge, I already have most of the foam insulation. Was thinking of making a cube design and use the lid from a electric cool box and cut out an opening on top for the lid, something similar to this in the image, as it has both heating and cooling thought it may be good at maintaining Kveik temps looks like it has a built in fan, only drawback maybe the system isn't designed to be run continually, but I am sure the chamber would hold temps if insulated well. Any thoughts would be welcome.

View attachment 25429
Second hand fridge would be cheaper than an electric cooler and less faffing about unless you already own one. You could always put a couple of 2lt frozen bottles in to keep it cool if needed.

Back