fermentation fridge - don't put holes in it!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inneed

Reaction score
So, I got all set up, wonderful job with my stc-1000 wiring, if I do say so myself. Greenhouse heater a perfect fit and room for 2 fvs too!

Was just putting in a wooden shelf to raise the beer above the heater. Screwed in 5 screws. The 6th and last punctured something and much hissing and leaking of refrigerant followed. I thought I had been very careful in my selction for screw points and you could not tell the differenc between screws 5 and 6. Both holes looked innocent and were mms away.

The thing is, as far as I know, mullered and I now need to get another fridge or freezer. Bit of a bad day.

So just thought it'd share some advice not to go putting holes in freezer walls. An upside down crate would make more sense...

Whoops! Yes depending on the fridge design the cooling pipes will run through the walls...I think this fridge is a gonner :( well at least with the next one you get will have all the hard bit done so its just plug and play! :thumb:

Have a pint and try to forget about it :cheers:

Latest posts

Back