Fermentation fridge setup

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil1454

Reaction score
Hi,

So I'm still undecided if I should install fans inside the fridge to prevent hotspots.
I have a 45watt tube heater that I will install in the base of the larder fridge.
I will use the glass shelf as it will only take about 20 % of the load that's sat on it and there is fair clearance between the door and the shelf for heat to rise.
Unless it is a good idea to replace the shelf with wooden and drill holes ?

The probe will be stuck to the side of the fermentor.

Looking to see how many people have not needed to use fans and can offer any advise on what I should do also with the shelf.

Also do I need to set the fridge to MAX cooling?

Thanks in advance.

I'm going to have another bash at this, last time I made lager used an external temp controller which just interrupted the fridge power supply to stop it over cooling (Fridge thermostats are usually 2-6 deg.C), it seemed pretty effective at keeping the temp between 11 and 13 C, although next time I'll set up a load of probes to see how uniform the temp is, might stick one in the brew to see how it looks
Once it stabilises it should be relatively consistent. I had my fridge in the house last time so didn't need a heater, this time it'll be in the garage, but should be fine over summer.. For Winter I might need to add a heater set to kick in below 10 or something.. or just brew beer in the house over winter!

Latest posts

Back