Fermenting in cold garage

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are you getting on with the ferminator?
Hi, absolutely perfect for my needs. Just like a brew fridge. I use it for fermentation, crashing, secondary and chilling bottles, cornies etc.

I'm in Edinburgh so a heat belt or pad not that reliable for consistent temperatures.

it gets dismantled and stored in the loft when not being used.

Hi, absolutely perfect for my needs. Just like a brew fridge. I use it for fermentation, crashing, secondary and chilling bottles, cornies etc.

I'm in Edinburgh so a heat belt or pad not that reliable for consistent temperatures.

What's the max height (thinking of fermizilla)?

Im in South Ayrshire wi similar issues, How robust is it, from the point of view of stashing it in the loft?

Im in South Ayrshire wi similar issues, How robust is it, from the point of view of stashing it in the loft?
Ive had it a few years now and still holding well. I wrap each large section in a bin liner when in the loft. The expansion sections and fan fit in their original box still. Really light weight so easy to move around.

If I'm brewing regularly I've got a BBQ for it to cover for the days/weeks when its not being used.

I get its pricey for a glorified polystyrene box but it's worked out well for me.

Ive had it a few years now and still holding well. I wrap each large section in a bin liner when in the loft. The expansion sections and fan fit in their original box still. Really light weight so easy to move around.

If I'm brewing regularly I've got a BBQ for it to cover for the days/weeks when its not being used.

I get its pricey for a glorified polystyrene box but it's worked out well for me.
I do find a fermentation fridge an atractive option pricewise but until my mancave deals with my brewspace issues I think a ferminator may be the way to go.

I refuse point blank to move my fv out of the kitchin. it is a hill to die on, there is plenty of kitchin to go round and it's a stainless steel milk churn that looks very dashing if you ask me.

I cannot get the right temperatures in my brewing fridge - it cannot reach 20 degrees Celsius and it cannot get to 1 degree Celsius. I suspect I might be losing too much heat/cold. I am using this tubular heater, 1 ft, so it is 60 W
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B095X7PX8G?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1Thinking to surround the fermenter with cardboard box to reduce heat. Or just tape the doors?

Latest posts

Back