Festival - Pilgrims Hope

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick9one1

Reaction score
I haven't brewed anything for a few months and decided to try something I hadn't done before. So I popped into my LHS (Grimsby). They had some Festival kits on the shelf which I'd not seen before. I got talking to the shop owners wife and she said they were all fantastic kits. They even had a few in King Kegs for sampling. I tried the Razorback, which was just slightly too bitter for me. Then the Landlords which I thought was a little bland.
After reading the boxes I settled on Pilgrims Hope.

The kit is fantastic quality. It included hop pellets and a little bag to cover the syphon. There was also a sachet of pre-measured priming sugar. The extract was in a pouch rather than a tin, which does its job although I find the tins a little easier to rinse out with boiling water.

Something I hadn't done before is add hops to a kit. After the beer has fermented out, you add the hops and leave for a further 5 days before racking. I had it in primary/secondary for about 3 weeks before bottling.

I tried a little from the secondary before I started bottling, and wow! such strong flavours. The hop kick was a little much but I'm hoping this will mellow.

I've had it bottle conditioning for about a week now, and planning to try some soon!

mzsnWoS4.jpeg
zRI8sj5b.jpeg

Looks good. I was looking at trying a Festival kit next, might give this a go.
Let us know how it develops.
:cheers:

Love the Festival kits!

I'd recommend Suffolk strong ale, and the Golden stag, both the best festival kits out there. Check out the reviews.

Latest posts

Back