Final Gravity's when SG is low

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surferosa

Reaction score
Hi Folks, I've been fermenting a BrewFerm Trippel for 9 days now (at around 22c), my SG was a little lower than it should have been (1063 rather 1075 - i used dextrose, the instructions say Table Sugar), it appears to have stopped bubbling, and i'm down to a final (?) gravity of 1.011.

The instructions give a FG of 1.008, so i'm a little high, if my SG was a little low, should my FG be low too? or does it not work like that?!

Attenuation according to the instruction gravities would be 89%, whereas currently mine is currently 82%.

I'm going to give it another couple of days anyway, but wondered whether to give it a little stir, or a little more heat.

Thanks

Being a few points off doesn't harm. Depending on yeast and type of sugars / additions to the wort there can be a limit to how low the brew goes. Different yeast give up at different levels of abv. So that and what's in the wort will vary what the minimum fg can be.

Latest posts

Back