Finings and priming??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdennehy

Reaction score
Hi first of all hello im new to the site and have just got back into brewing iv started with some wine, but have been thinking about brewing some larger….so here’s my question.

Iv brewed larger in the past but have never really been happy having sediment in the bottom of bottles having to be careful when pouring…. So I was wondering if I can rack it off and use finings before bottling? But if I do use finings will I have a problem with priming my bottles? Do finings drop the remaining yeast out of suspension?... no one wants flat larger?

Cheers
Phil

If you don't want the layer of yeast then you will need to condition/carbonate the lager in a separate vessel and then bottle under pressure with something like a Blichman counter pressure bottler. This puts quite a bit of expense onto your plan.

If you don't need to bottle you can get yourself a cornelius keg or two and a carb the beer up with a gas bottle and all the gubbins (again you will need to fork out a few quid for this).

Latest posts

Back