Help with fruit beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monin syrups.
https://www.discountcocktails.co.uk/monin-mango-syrup-700ml-928
I would make her favourite pale ale, and then taste test in a glass. Use a syringe syrups in small amounts into 100ml of beer.

Then do the math and add to the batch. Add to the fermenter late on. Syrup is about 80% w/w of sugar.

I have had 40 bottles of "meh" before. 🤣 this gives more variety, safer & sooner.

Is you give it a go, please share your numbers.

Ps. Don't be tempted be the cheaper syrups... they are *****. I know. I have tried them. Monin are streets ahead.
It went in FV last night.
21lt

OG 1.051
FG 1.011 (expected)
ABV 5.3
iBU 20.9
EBC 8
Mash 17.13lt
Sparse 14.13lt
2.4kg wheat malt
2.4kg pale ale malt
250g dextrin malt
Strata 10g 60min
Strata 30g flame out
Day 5
Purée

Dry hop Strata 100g

There’s 480g of sugar in the purée but don’t know how much that’s will boost final ABV, perhaps you could tell me how to work this out ?.

Il let u know how it turns out

Last edited:
23lt , be expecting 2lt loss.
Im gonna add just 1 kg of each purée as it’s gonna end up too expensive. As some1 recommended above im gonna dry hop with 100g strata,, cheaper option.
Based on the purée having a volume of a litre - according to Amazon anyway - they OG of the purée for just the sugar will be 1.182. This is based on the sugar as sucrose 480g, though much of the sugar will be fructose, the estimation still holds. With a total fermenter volume of 24 litres (23 original + 1 of the purée) , the equivalent OG will be 1.022 but your OG and FG don't look right for the ABV - as they yield 0.53% ABV. Depending on what your OG was, the sugar in the puree at this volume will add approximately 0.049 onto your OG (23/24ths of your OG technically)

Based on the purée having a volume of a litre - according to Amazon anyway - they OG of the purée for just the sugar will be 1.182. This is based on the sugar as sucrose 480g, though much of the sugar will be fructose, the estimation still holds. With a total fermenter volume of 24 litres (23 original + 1 of the purée) , the equivalent OG will be 1.022 but your OG and FG don't look right for the ABV - as they yield 0.53% ABV. Depending on what your OG was, the sugar in the puree at this volume will add approximately 0.049 onto your OG (23/24ths of your OG technically)
Sorry mistyped OG, hydrometer reading was 1.051… il try and get my head round that ,, maths wasn’t my strongest subject 🤓.. it’s bubbling away nicely..

Attachments

• IMG_7469.png
    IMG_7469.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 0
On a serious note. How would a brewery that is specifically engineering a brew that male drinkers really dislike (see what I did there 😁) describe it?
delerium make such a drink - their take is to make a beer that tastes like wine and use a pink label!

Blue for boys and pink for girls is a crude stereotype. pink used to be a male colour and blue a female colour. Some clues of this still remain... blue nurses uniforms for instance when pretty much all nurses were female.

As for a mango beer I did this but it didn't wow me. Not enough fruit for me.

07/02/2019
Tango 25 - metallic orange cap - brew 47
2 kg extra light dme
500 dwe
4litres tesco pinapple juice
4litres morrisons mango juice drink
mj cider yeast
topped up to 20.75l

1.057 at 23C
pitched at 24C, ferment at 20C
20/02/2019
1.015 = 5.51%

It will work. And imo you will get better fruit expression.

But this is much more work. You need to manage the fruit daily. It will float and it must (twice a day) be pushing back in.
Nope just chuck it in it makes unbelievable good beer if left in a bottle for weeks you will not buy better in the shops

Out of curiosity, would adding chopped up dried mango slices during the boil help with the flavour? Say added @ the last 20 mins of the boil. They can add sweetness or acidity depending of which type you use.

Hi All , I’ve just done a raspberry wheat beer almost the same malt bill as Dazzelknight’s but only just found this very useful thread.
So any tips most welcome especially around the fruit stage in the fermentator. So yesterday (day two) I added 6x 350g bags of frozen raspberries in 6x hop bags I got free from CML. They aren’t 100% submerged as I realised too late that I only had two stainless ball earrings to sink them. Is having the bags showing a touch on the surface going to be a problem?
Also would you squeeze the bags into the beer when removing after 5days?
Thanks in advance of any tips as it would be a shame if I screw it up !

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back