Finings woes!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppleJack

Reaction score
Used a 24hr Turbo Klar to clear an all juice cider. Other than the objectionable surface scum that began to slowly drop after a stir, the bottom lees began to rise despite gravity requiring otherwise. Then there's the floaters in the middle of the cider column!
What is going on? Help and suggestions for filtration welcome.
Stevie.

Used a 24hr Turbo Klar to clear an all juice cider. Other than the objectionable surface scum that began to slowly drop after a stir, the bottom lees began to rise despite gravity requiring otherwise. Then there's the floaters in the middle of the cider column!
What is going on? Help and suggestions for filtration welcome.
Stevie.

i would bang it through butter muslin (wilkos) then fire a wilkos wine clearer into it,

Thanks for the response, mate.
Was thinking pass the brew through a folded paper coffee filter in a large funnel. At 6 gallons, wish me luck and cheers yer sen.

Thanks for the response, mate.
Was thinking pass the brew through a folded paper coffee filter in a large funnel. At 6 gallons, wish me luck and cheers yer sen.

it will take you a week to get it through a paper coffee filter trust me i have that experiance. I no wor im ona bout get a couple of quid muslin from wilco , then you can reuse it any time you need to, were you from using language like yer sen , de air me duck are you a notts youth, its got to be notts area ,

Siht, I bought the coffee filters already so have to give filtration a fair go. Will report back. But, the brew ain't cloudy. It's the clumps, no pun intended, that need staining. My usual method for suspended solids is length of net curtain, but these soft cheese-like lumps could through and reform. Don't want, who would want that?
Stevie

Latest posts

Back