First bash at a Cheeky Vimto

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andymacintyre

Reaction score
Knocked this up last night. Very quick and easy. OG 1074 so this will be rocket-fuel! :cheers:

Cheky%20Vimto1-1.jpg

Just racked this at 1000. TASTES GREAT! This is the best TC type brew I have tried so far. Tastes less dry than the TCs (must be the Vimto).
About 8.5%abv so it's strong, and deceptively so. Does not taste alcoholic or dry at all. This will be dangerous!

Going to put on a 5 gall brew of this for summer drinking!

one thing to be careful with is what bottles you put it in as the other day i walked in kitchen to find 12yr old daughter slipping one in her bag on her way to dancing class ,after id wrestled it off her she did point out that it was in an isotonic sports drink bottle in the fridge [yeh my fault but it did have 8% marked on its side but i suppose that means nowt to a kid] :oops:

Yeah Andy :party: it's very good for the ladies ;)
I'm glad that several people say it hides the alcohol well :D

Oh I forgot you only did 1 Gallon, have fun with the 5 it doesn't last long :D

Lee I would of liked to see the dance she did if she had drank it :eek: At least we know how you smuggle alcohol around now ;)

What's the view o. How to bottle this? Carbonated or not. My preference would be non- carbonated so will prob just chick it in pet bottles without priming. Not likely to last long.

Latest posts

Back