First beer brew..brewmakers india pale ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatbloke

Reaction score
Hi

Got my ass into gear this weekend and finally got some beer on the go :D
Followed the intructions to the letter so far apart from using spring water (got some 5l pets now to fill !)
Checked it this morning and its bubbling away merrily :D
Patience........................... :D

cheers

fatbloke

The instruction I would ignore is the one that says something like..............."fermentation will take 5 days!"
You should leave it for 14 days, in my opinion. That way the brew will clear significantly and so there will be less sediment in the bottle, which will clear up better. You may end up with a cleaner taste, this way.
Yes, I imagine you're impatient but the extra time in the fermentation vessel yet quicker clearing means that it wil be ready to sup in the same sort of time anyway.
I had the pleasure of a bottle of kit made IPA recently. It was very nice :cheers:
You must, of course, be sure that fermentation has finished, even after a fortnight. Also, are you sure you want to bottle it all in 5l bottles? " 'onestly, I only drunk one bottle, officer..."

I cannot wait vossey1..but one of the many things i have gleamed from this forum is patience..hopefully ;)

..only the one bottle officer..honestly..i only had the one 'hic'..
Duxuk, this brew will be going into a pressure barrel and i'll be saving those empty 5Ls for turbo ciders :D :D
Thanks for the headsup on the instructions mate..i'll bear that in mind cos its my 1st ever go and i'm trying to be really thorough
cheers
fatbloke

Back