First Brew day- A triple

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brougham

Reaction score
I've helped my brother with a couple of All Grain brew days on a larger scale but as I don't drink that much I'm brewing on a smaller scale (2 gallon batches)

First up was a Cheeky Vimto-
1.5l (whole bottle) Sugar Vimto- there is a sugar free version boiled for 7.5 minutes
270g granulated sugar boiled for 7.5 minutes (couldn't be bothered to reset timer so equal times)
8l apple juice from concentrate from Sainbury's
S04 1/2 dry pitched, 1/2 wet (1tsp yest nutrient, 1tbp sugar, 300ml warm water)
OG 1.071

Next up isn't a brew but it does involve grains and I pitched it with a splash of the S04 I saved from above so I'm claiming it. I had some Staffordshire Oatcakes when I met a mate a few years back. A mate of his shared his recipe with me a few weeks back. He knows it's not perfect as it was derived experimentally so if anyone does have a genuine one please share. Found here- http://oatcakes.u.gg/

The Final brew of the day was a fiery ginger beer. I used to love ginger beer and then a mate introduced me to a Moscow mule- so Kicks like a Moscow mule it is. I made a slight modification- does that wind people up if you've never brewed the original?

444g fresh ginger grated
2tsp ground ginger
2/5 tsp Cream of Tartar
1 lemon sliced
1 lime sliced
1 crushed star anise
boiled for 30 mins
1kg granular sugar
Champagne yeast 1/2 dry, 1/2 wet as above

Back