First effort with a Corny Keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules61

Reaction score
Following a suggestion from a discussion on the forum I got a Corny kit from BrewKegTap a couple of weeks ago. Great value and clear instructions. I watched a few YouTube videos, some better than others, and read numerous threads on the forum on the setting up process. Yesterday I loaded it with Youngs American IPA and the whole process was remarkably simple. So much better than my old KingKeg. Now looking forward to the emptying process 😁. Definitely worth the investment.

Hi Jules
I use both king Kegs and a Cornelius keg but I wouldn't say the filling process was any different.
Just out of interest, what did you find so much better when using the Corny?

The main difference I found was the ease of sealing after filling and the quality of the beer right to the last drop. I have since brought another keg which is filled with Belgian IPA, very tasty. Next project is adapting a secondhand fridge to store them at a cooler temperature but not too cold. The only downside I have found so far is the extra time cleaning and setting up but I suspect that with a bit more practice this will get easier. Overall very pleased with the more consistent quality.

Love having cornys, so much easier than bottling and I find the quality of the poured beer is much better (maybe I was doing something wrong bottling but always had leftover cr@p in bottom of bottle).

They are breeding fast though!!!

I'm considering something between bottles and Kegs as some beers I like to keep for some time and bottles are just too small and a lot of faff cleaning. And that's with using 750ml bottles.
I may try some minikegs if I can come up with an acceptable tap that doesn't need CO2 pressure to pour.

Latest posts

Back