First Turbo Cider on the go!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpile1

Reaction score
Just a little tip, if you copy the bottom option of the photobucket links, the one with the code, we see your pic without having to click on your link.

Like this:

[img]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm181/dpile1/S8301997.jpg

Good luck with the brew, what have you got in your airlock?

Moley said:
Good luck with the brew, what have you got in your airlock?

Cheers for the tip there.

I've got Brandy in the airlock - don't panic though, it's cheap rubbish. I wouldn't even cook wth it. :D

dpile1 said:
I've got Brandy in the airlock - don't panic though, it's cheap rubbish. I wouldn't even cook wth it. :D
Fair enough.
I use water in anything which is active, might add a squirt of metabisulphite stock solution to airlocks of anything that is being kept for a while, or nick some of Mrs. Mole's vodka for any in long-term storage.

I must try to find some proper glass bubblers, I really don't like those plastic jobs, but the brandy makes yours look more interesting.

The Cider had pretty much stopped fermenting today so I took a hydrometer reading.

.996 :thumb:

Good enough for me! In went a campden tablet and some potassium sorbate. Give it a couple of days and I'll add finings...should have my first sip of it (read epic drinking session) later this week! :drink:

correct me if im wrong but you shouldnt stop fermentation or add finnings mate.

You let it ferment out then bottle it add non fermenting sugar to taste then prime the pet bottles with sugar to give 2nd fermentation and carbonise the cider.

If you stop it wont carbonise and it clears nicely with in the bottles in about a week to 10 days.

Not heard of the way you are doing it unless you more want it like a low alch wine.

Jock

You're right DJ, that's the way most people do it but cider can be served as a non-carbonated drink.

I suspect its just a beginners error though or someone in a real rush for their first brew. ;)

Latest posts

Back