Flybe.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frequent flyer tax or Air Passenger Duty

• FFT

• APD

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It looks like the government are going to save the airline by lowering APD the green party say this is a bad move and they should instead bring in a frequent flyer tax, I don't often agree with the green party but I think they are right.

What do members think?

Air Passenger Duty (APD), which is essentially the UK’s tax on domestic airline tickets. Flybe would likely profit the most from potential changes to the APD, as most of its flights operate within the country.
https://www.ifn.news/posts/uk-government-agrees-on-deal-to-save-flybe/

Last edited:
Disagree. APD is meant to be a Pigovian tax that taxes the externality if the greenhouse gases caused by a flying aeroplane. That's the important bit - it's the aeroplane that causes the emissions not the passenger*.

So, tax the plane not the seat.

* Unless I've had a curry and several real ales the night before. Then there may be the odd passenger generated emission :laugh8:

If we were talking about USA,China,India ect I would say yes,yes lets cut the emissions.

But as far as UK is concerned now all our industry is all but gone.The major pollution issue is air quality in our towns and cities caused by over dependance on the motor car.

What ever WE do will amount to diddly squat.!!!

Except make our economy even less competitive,(If thats possible ????)

So, the UK government can change policies overnight. I wonder why?

They have consistently failed to subsidise the UK's major industries for the best part of forty years, yet suddenly they can afford to subsidise an insignificant airline.

Does anyone know who owns the shares of this particular company?

Latest posts

Back