Football Season 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have a team that cost close to a billion pounds

Ah the old how much we cost chestnut, have a look at these figure and let us not forget when you and united were winning everything back in the day you were not buying players at the prices mid table clubs like City were you were buying the best money could buy a fact you conveniently forgot as soon as the oil money came into our club.

Taking the first figure in the list below gives a total of -

£418 million City
£318 million Liverpool

Spent between 2018 and 2020 -

£100 million between us sounds a huge amount but with players costing what they do today its not actually that much, an interesting read i think ;)

https://www.teamtalk.com/liverpool/...ague-rivals-in-the-last-five-years-fsg-owners

2018:

Liverpool – €109.43m
Manchester City – €99.59m

Arsenal – €80.9m
Chelsea – €71.7m
Manchester United – €59.35m
Tottenham – €28.4m

2019:

Arsenal – €101.65m
Manchester City – €80.92m
Tottenham – €73.15m
Manchester United – €73.12m
Chelsea – €62.5m profit
Liverpool – €63.8m profit

2020:

Chelsea – €184.58m
Manchester United – €120.3m
Tottenham – €102.7m
Manchester City – €101.4m
Arsenal – €72.85m
Liverpool – €71m

2021:

Arsenal – €136.7m
Manchester United – €128.6m
Manchester City – €84.7m
Tottenham – €34.2m
Liverpool – €14.8m
Chelsea – €7.2m profit

2022:

Manchester United – €226.47m
Chelsea – €225.46m
Tottenham – €158.23m
Arsenal – €109.56m
Liverpool – €61.6m
Manchester City – €54m profit

Last edited:
So are those figures profit and loss? Why do some numbers have profit next to them? Post nights so if this is a bit dim, apologies

Manchester City – €54m profit

Manchester City have published their annual report for 2021-22 and recorded a total revenue of £613million ($692m).

City also registered a profit of £41.7million, up from £2.4million in the previous year.

City’s revenue for the period increased by £43.2million from 2020-21, which the club attributes to rises in commercial and matchday revenues.

The club’s report also highlights its significant income from player trading. City recorded a profit of £67.7million from transfers, a figure they expect to increase for the current season, which takes them to £250million profit over the past five years.

I know this will bore a lot of folk, they should show this in the house of commons, a decent honest man telling the truth

I really dont get it his team are doing well why leave, he says in an ideal world he could have waited until the end of the season win everything and say goodbye but he then says its not possible in the world we live its not possible to keep things secret and he is surprised they kept it secret until now but if he hadn't gone public we wouldn't know and what difference would it have made, i think there is more to this than we are being told i guess time will tell.

I think he is just burned out, he must get so engrossed and does stuff he really as manager doesn't need to do, if you look at photos of Mainz when he took over and what it is now what a transformation, also i think if i worked for 24 years with just a 3 month break i would be pretty cream crackered

Dont get me wrong i am not having a dig at Jurgen as you say he may just be burned out and is in need of a break, he is a top manager and the PL is losing one of the best SWMBO has little interest in football but loves the guy for all he does for charity and when she saw this she was in tears -

With Klopp's wage of around £350,000 per week, he donates over £3,000 per week to the charity, making a huge difference over the year. Across the 52 weeks, it would see the German donate over £150,000.

Last edited:
I really dont get it his team are doing well why leave, he says in an ideal world he could have waited until the end of the season win everything and say goodbye but he then says its not possible in the world we live its not possible to keep things secret and he is surprised they kept it secret until now but if he hadn't gone public we wouldn't know and what difference would it have made, i think there is more to this than we are being told i guess time will tell.

I am sure someone would have told Ivan Toney and he would have been straight down the bookies

I bet that ruined your day

90 mins

'Response couldn't have been better timed'​

Manchester United 2-2 Liverpool

Simon Stone
BBC Sport at Old Trafford

The Brazilian pointed to his badge as he ran away to celebrate the equaliser.
I mentioned about Ten Hag's support earlier. The response could not have been better timed for the Dutchman.

I think we will win it and the cups, have faith

This is exactly why i never make predictions about my team they always come back to bite you on the ****.

1710701185510.png

17:02

Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool

Clinton Morrison

They have struggled, Liverpool, in this second half, you have got to credit Man Utd.

Man Utd have pressed the life out of Liverpool and it has worked.

Back