Free Copy of BLAM

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disgruntledgoat

Reaction score
Due to some very kind friends, I am now the proud owner of not 1 but 2 copies of Brew Like A Monk... After much deliberation, I thought the best thing to do with my surplus would be to donate it to a fellow apostle of the art of Belgian beer.

For the uninitiated, the book offers a glimpse into each of the 6 remaining Trappist breweries in Belgium (Achel, Chimay, Orval, Rochefort, Westvelarten and Westmalle) giving some history, some information on the beers and the breweries and later on some tips from the monks on brewing you own Belgian ale. It also has a style guide with tips and some recipes to try out.

Overall, this book has become something of a Bible to me. I always thumb through it for some inspiration when I'm writing a recipe and brewing it too. It's a good guide to the beer too.

Anybody who may be interested, drop me a PM or post up here and save yourself a tenner!

i have recipes for westmalle tripel ,st feuillien blonde ale , st bernardus prior 8, witkap pater abbey single ale, st-hermes abbey ale and also trappist rochefort 8 , have you brewed any of these ? i want to try em all out was wondering if you have :thumb:

Want to swap for Graham Wheeler's Brew Your Own British Real Ale?
I have two copies of that by accident!!

I think the only "clone" recipe I've tried was an Orval one, which was pretty good... although I think adding a half bottle of Orval to the secondary (for the Brett) was both a waste and cheating!

I've written some of my own recipes from some of the advice in the book, if you're interested in those, I've a Rochefort 8 type of brew, a Tripel and a Strong Golden. Oh and a strawberry lambic too. Happy to share them with you.

disgruntledgoat said:
I think the only "clone" recipe I've tried was an Orval one, which was pretty good... although I think adding a half bottle of Orval to the secondary (for the Brett) was both a waste and cheating!

I've written some of my own recipes from some of the advice in the book, if you're interested in those, I've a Rochefort 8 type of brew, a Tripel and a Strong Golden. Oh and a strawberry lambic too. Happy to share them with you.

yes please i would love a copy of those , always keen to do and learn more on the good stuff , my favs are german wheats and belgium wits :party:

will do , prob be around a month , ive already got ingredients for 2 more wheats planned then ill go for it cheers

Back