'Free' Glasses....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Landlord.
Reaction score
Both Brakspear & Wychwood are doing 'Free Glasses' offers, Brakspear for 4.99 & 3 caps and Wychwood for 5.99 & 2 caps.

Now I'm probably way out of touch (with the world in general) but didn't realise that these two breweries shared the same address. Noticed this when checking the details on the bottle!

Tony said:
Both Brakspear & Wychwood are doing 'Free Glasses' offers, Brakspear for 4.99 & 3 caps and Wychwood for 5.99 & 2 caps.

Now I'm probably way out of touch (with the world in general) but didn't realise that these two breweries shared the same address. Noticed this when checking the details on the bottle!

I am also out of touch since when has £4.99 + 2 caps been free?

UP

:wha: I thought all glasses were free.

I can go to my local supermarket and buy a bottle of Brakspear or Wychwood's ales for around £1.50. There's no deposit on the bottle, Mr. Morrison doesn't want it back and its cost is included in the sale price.

If I go to a local canalside hostelry and buy a pint of Hobgoblin or Oxford Gold they will charge me £2.95, I know it seems to be established tradition that they are only lending you the glass and might prefer you to leave it behind when you've finished, but their charge would seem to suggest that the drinking vessel is included in the sale price. Leaving it behind is tantamount to a gratuity if their service has been good or the beer was well kept.

Furthermore, if someone is selling glassware it is likely to be photographed in use, and there will almost certainly be a disclaimer in very small print somewhere to the effect of “contents not included”. I have deliberately studied several hostelries' bills of fare and have never once seen any disclaimer to the effect of “glass not included”.

Latest posts

Back