Fridge for 2 Cornies!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geordieboy

Reaction score
Afternoon all.
I'm after a fridge to put in 2 Corny kegs.
Does a regular undercounter fridge, hold 2 with a secondary regulator and a beer gun?

I will have a CO2 Cylinder outside piping in to both.

Thanks everyone

Think the internal capacities can vary quite a bit in fridges with very similar external dimensions.
Very true, and things to look out for are freezer shelfs/compartments in the top, and the stick-y-out-y bit where the temperature controller is. I go excited when my neighbours were giving away an undercounter fridge, only to be thwarted by the freezer shelf thing.

I’ve got some measurements for mine on this thread.
Here
Occupied with a fermenter at the moment so I can’t check but it would probably take 2 ok. Think the internal capacities can vary quite a bit in fridges with very similar external dimensions.
StJayJay is bang on, took a bit of measuring and scouring forums to find the Kegmenter "Donor" fridge I wanted on Gumtree/FB Marketplaces. As long as the Compressor Hump at the back/bottom of the fridge is a slimmer version it should be OK. Alternatively, if you are prepared to remove some of the moulding from the inside of the door then that would open up a lot more options.
I ended up looking for the Hotpoint RLA36 or the Bosch KTR18P20GB Logixx Easy Access undercounter fridges. Both have a asymmetrical compressor hump, and with new taller kegs can even fit 3 in with some careful positioning. I only have two in mine and there's plenty of room. The Bosch (which I got on Gumtree for £30) has mounts for the shelf rails, which make drilling through the sides for Gas Lines dead easy as you can clear the insulation with a screwdriver first to make sure no cooling pipes are in the way before drilling.

https://www.rgbdirect.co.uk/Products/Appliances/Fridge/BOSCH/KTR18P20GB

Back