geordies scottish export

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burpee

Reaction score
Just found i could order from wilkos online and pick up from my local store saving £4.95 shipping, so just ordered a geordie scottish export. Anyone brewed this, What was it like? which sugar would be best, want to keep costs down, but make a nice brew

never brewed it myself but would assume dark spraymalt and brown sugar may work well. is that one of the cheapo kits? dunno if its worth buying a half decent yeast to go with it? depends how much u want to spend and how good a beer you want. i would brew it short, maybe 18/19 litres instead of 23

I brewed mine with coopers brew enhancer 2 and primed the bottles with a mixture of dextrose and spray malt, it was good gear I've done a few Geordie kits they are cheap but don't taste like they are

I brewed this with a bag of Muntons BKE a while back and thought it was *****, it was the only brew Ive ever had trouble giving away. Eventually the local dipso took it off my hands. Ive also done Geordie mild for a pal and while it tasted ok-ish it was almost alcohol free.He could drink 10 bottles and still type !!! For the sake of an extra few quid its not worth doing these below par kits. 2 can kits or a decent dry kit are the only way to go, these cheapo kits are a false economy. IMHO :thumb: :cheers:

Latest posts

Back