Giles and Sue do the Good Life...Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean_Mc

Regular.
Reaction score
A programme on TV actually covering wine making :P

No it was actually quite poor :(

Giles and Sue (23min in) with the help of Bob Flowerdew they embark on the process of making a pea pod wine.

Personally I think it was a poor choice of a first wine and secondly a very poor recipe choice, Jack Keller's would of been better.

Have a look its not going to inspire new comers, but its wine making on TV of sorts :|

Ahh i'm sure that wasn't to inspire anyone to make wine.

Was one of the funniest things I've seen on TV for ages, when she said "will this take the pea-ness out of it" and did a cheeky nod and wink I started chuckling.

Then, when he had her on the floor snow-angel-esq cutting around her body to make her a dress I had to leave the room in fits of tears and choking.

:rofl:

Yeah very tongue in cheek Wez, but I thought the programme could of dispelled some of the 1970's view of home brew myth a little, not reinforced it :(

Hey ho a cheeky little bit of comedy :)

I tuned in with hopes of learning something. Was not to be! The prog was v funny, though. As already stated, the dress-making was hilarious, then the quick cut to her striding down the road in Giles' "creation"... The "pea-ness" was genius too.

I got the impression their wine didn;t get the chance to age much. Who knows, with a few months maturing, it could have been a blinder.

Didn't watch it but hardly surprised with the comments, given the generally dumbed down nature of so much TV content. However, I was told about 'The Wine Channel' on Sky, which had interesting things like Germans trapsing out into the snow, harvesting semi frozen grapes to make eiswein. That was a couple of years ago. I recently had Sky installed, but the system broke down within 48 hours due to a faulty box and a bad cable. Technical help was useless and they couldn't send an engineer out for a week, so I cancelled the whole thing and never got to see if the wine channel still existed. Still, they removed the box but left the dish, so I replaced the faulty cable, bought a Freesat Hi-Def recorder/receiver and am now liberated from watching scheduled TV and paying a subscription, recording only what might be of interest, watching it in my own time, skipping adverts and actually enjoying TV at last. But still no wine channel...

Been thinking about getting one of those Freesat+ HD boxes.

We can't live without Sky+, but the vast majority of what we watch is on the main terrestrial channels :hmm:

The big US productions like 24, House and the like that are shown on Sky1, well I prefer to get the DVD box sets so wouldn't miss them.

Might have a look in the sales :whistle:

Latest posts

Back