Good afternoon!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooks

Reaction score
Hello gents and ladies!

My name is Paul, and I'm a total newbie to this brewing lark. Well, that's not strictly true, I had a few unsuccessful forays into some homebrew kits several years back, and recently thought to have another go. I still have my FV's (oooh, lingo!) and am looking to just have a go with some of the Wilko kits.

If anyone has any tips, advice or comments I'd certainly appreciate hearing them, I'm a quick learner and take critcism well!

Thanks chaps!

Welcome to the forum, there are some excellent how to guides on here :cheers:

Hello All

I am an enthusiastic but small home brewer. I use all grain, liquid yeast (mostly White Labs) and am in the process of transferring from plastic barrels to Corni kegs.

I am in a very soft water area and this is a topic I am hoping for help with. My indicated pH during mash is well below 5.

:cheers:

Going to Wilko's to pick up some stuff this weekend, have all the kit, but ingredients wise I'm unsure where to start... Into lager and bitter, and willing to give anything a go really, so has anyone got any recommendations? Newbie friendly ones!? Also, is the brewing specific sugar they sell worth a buy, or not?

If I don't get any answers I'll just pick the one with the nicest label..... :)

get yourself a 2 can kit little bit more expensive but nothing else to add not even sugar, and the taste more than compensates for the costs St Peters Red Ruby Ale is a fine drink.

Latest posts

Back