Grainfather Connect App (Android) problems

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've used my GF app three times for brewing with no problems at all. I logged out of it tonight on my mobile to show my dad how to log in and it won't let me log in again. It just times out.

Reading on Google store reviews this seems to be a very common problem with no obvious cure. I've googled solutions which include reinstalling / turning location services on. But it still won't let me log back in. My username and password still work on the GF website so I know they are ok.

The GF is still usable but will have to be controlled manually rather than taking a recipe from the phone.

Has anyone else on the forum encountered this? And more importantly did you manage to find a solution? Apparently the iPhone app is fine but android less so. I've emailed GF but rumour has it their customer service is a bit sluggish.

Thanks

Have you tried the Grainfather users group on FaceAche? there appears to a lot of stuff on there about potential problems and solutions. A couple of snippets from there... A lot of the issues are actually too do with certain handsets at the moment. One of the weaknesses (and strength though) of android, is anyone can make an android device and therefore you have to cater for a lot of devices, and some don't do things to official specs either." and " I have since been contacted by someone from Grainfather who sent me a new link
https://www.grainfather.com/customer/account/create/
and all is well." Perhaps creating a new account may fix it. Hope that is of some help.

Have you tried the Grainfather users group on FaceAche? there appears to a lot of stuff on there about potential problems and solutions. A couple of snippets from there... A lot of the issues are actually too do with certain handsets at the moment. One of the weaknesses (and strength though) of android, is anyone can make an android device and therefore you have to cater for a lot of devices, and some don't do things to official specs either." and " I have since been contacted by someone from Grainfather who sent me a new link
https://www.grainfather.com/customer/account/create/
and all is well." Perhaps creating a new account may fix it. Hope that is of some help.

Cheers. I joined that group last night in desperation. I've posted on there today. It's so annoying as it has worked until recently. I'll keep hunting.

Back