Grainfather Glycol Chiller Fuse

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fritzpoll85

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somehow my cables have gotten all muddled up - cold night here and the heater on my fermenter has come on. Turns out I only had a 3A fuse in the plug I'd fished out for it.

Have plugged in a spare 13A fuse and it's alive again. But now uncertain that's the right fuse rating and worried about leaving it in case it should e.g. only be 6A or something

Anyone got an idea what it should be, or willing to be paid in virtual beer to crack their plug open and check theirs?

It runs at 300w
Which is 1.25 Amp, so 3 Amp fuse should be correct.
I wouldn’t go any bigger than 5 Amp.

I've swapped it back to a 3A, but written to the company that sold it to me. As it's less than a year old, I'm worried about a plug fuse going, as in my head that suggests that the equipment has gone faulty and pulled too much current

So it was fine until this morning when I went in to the garage and found the fuse had gone again overnight.

I've swapped it one more time. I'm wondering if I need to bypass the chiller for cold nights when it is in the garage? My theory is the fuse is blowing when the heater is on in the FV and the glycol chiller tries to simultaneously drop it's internal temp.

I probably don't need the chiller at the mo, but normally have it on as a matter of course

Back