Greetings from the South Coast!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hambrook

Reaction score
Joined up in December after buying a complete Cooper DIY Beer kit in the Tesco's 25% off all Home Brew promotion. I'm based midway between Portsmouth and Chichester on the South Coast of England and favourite tipple is Gales HSB.

Bottled my first brew yesterday (4th Jan) which was a Coopers English Bitter and learning (and spending lots) in the process.

Found a new local (23 mile round trip) brew shop called Get.Brewing (run by @AlanT ) and called down to see them on when they re-opened after the Christmas break. Very friendly and lots of advice, I can see be becoming a frequent customer. They were also happy to make up and recipe to order and grind the grains.

I'm looking to move all grain and don't really want to buy twice so looking at the most cost effective way of getting a Stainless Steel boiler and Mash Tun. I'll stick with the Coopers FV as it's nearly transparent so very handy to watch your beer as well as bottle from.

Spending hours on the forum reading and learning and ready to do an HSB All Grain brew next....

Hi Hambrook,welcome from a fellow newbie.

Similar story to me, I bought the Coopers all in one kit and done a couple of kits since and enjoyed them a lot but would really like to get into 'real' brewing but it all looks a bit daunting to me. I've been doing a lot of reading on here as there are some really interesting threads and a lot of members who really know their stuff so hopefully if/when the time comes for me to try the all grain route I'm in the best place
Cheers, Mick :cheers:

I'm at the point of investigating in some All Grain brewing equipment and would like to get a Stainless Steel Boiler and Mash Tun. Leaning towards an electric SS 40 Litre Boiler first off.

There's a Portsmouth Brewing Club that have a meet next week so may just go and have a chat with a few folks before making a purchase......but I have an empty FV wanting filling :-)

Hi OP I’m just down the road in Chichester and on about my 6th AG brew. Enjoyed your Youtube vid, obviously commiserations on the partial beer loss. Your gear looks spot on. After my first attempts I settled on batch sparging which just seems easier and works pretty well for me. Very lucky to brew indoors , the interior of my unheated garage was about 3C on my last brew day!

Hi Juan27,

I had much greater success on my 2nd HSB brew, which of course I did not video. Bottles that yesterday, just over 23 litres at 5% ABV. Had a quick sip and it tasted awesome. Is there a home brew club in Chichester? I have been to the last couple of Portsmouth Home Brew Club meetings and have found them very useful and friendly. There's a Facebook group.

Just did a very simple Extract Brew this morning in under an hour, how easy that now seems! Gearing up for a London Pride all grain clone in the next couple of days; I've just ordered a false bottom for my Stainless Steel Kettle to replace the bazooka filter and minimise loss.

Hi all,

I'm in Chichester too, didn't know about the Pompy shop, good find, must be better than the Fareham one! Just done my first extract brew after couple of kits and looking forward to going AG soon, just trying Put together all the equipment I need get going.

Paul

I didn't know about the shop. I assume its new? There is Noggins in Felpham (Bognor) with a fairly limited range but I have been buying most ingredients on-line. Not aware of a club in Chi but I'm fairly new to this.

And here's my Home Brew Wednesday from last night ;
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqNEnHGjro0#t=1036"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqNEnHGjro0#t=1036[/ame]

Latest posts

Back