Has anyone put a ball valve on a Grainfather sparge heater?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jceg316

Landlord.
Reaction score
And also kept the sight glass? I'd like to replace the arduous slow pour of water over the grains with a slow steady flow of water through some sort of sparge arm. Wondering if anyone has a guide to this conversion?

Thanks.

You could always replace the off/on tap that is fitted to the sparge water heater for another type that lets you control water flow, then fit a tube and sparge through that, you could also fit some sort of sparge arm to the new tap and control the flow of sparge water through it

And also kept the sight glass? I'd like to replace the arduous slow pour of water over the grains with a slow steady flow of water through some sort of sparge arm. Wondering if anyone has a guide to this conversion?

Thanks.
I’m sure at the maltmiller on their brew days they have done this. Probably worth contacting them about the part they use and the process.

@Crystal_Ball these brewdays are they events people go to to learn how to brew or is this some kind of youtube video I could watch? I've seen they have some videos on youtube.

Back