HBC Full Extract Citra Pale Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damienair

Landlord.
Reaction score
This was my 19th Brew. All my previous brews were from kits. And I was delighted with the results. I decided to try out a Full Extract Kit from The Homebrew Company. There was a few extra steps involved but it was an enjoyable process.
Brew started on 30/03/22. Steeped the grains for 30 mins in 2 litres of water at 67 degrees C. Rinsed the grains back into the pot with a further 2 litres of water at 80 degrees C. Added one of the cans of LME and brought the wort up to a rolling boil adding hops at 60, 30 and 0 mins and a warflock tablet was added with 15 mins to go. I then cooled the wort to 50 degrees C and added the second Can of LME, added it to the FV and topped the wort up to 23 litres with cold water reaching a temperature of 22 degrees C. Pitched the yeast and OG = 1.040
After just over 14 days the FG was steady at 1.008. I bottled the beer after transferring to a bottling bucket and batch priming the beer. After a further 2 weeks of secondary fermentation I brought the beers down to the garage to condition. I am just after sampling my first bottle now. I am delighted to report that the results are great. Really punchy Citra hop flavour. I am getting grapefruit and It is very similar to a Pink Grapefruit IPA, which I love. I am really happy with this and I have another 38 x 500ml bottles to look forward to. If like me you have done a few kits and want to try something different try a Full Extract Kit. It is a little cheaper than a premium kit and I think even better. The additional steps are easy to follow. I watched a couple of Videos on YouTube first and managed to do it with a very ordinary 9 litre stock pot.
I bought a Full Extract Hefe Wheat beer today along with a Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit IPA which I’ll be putting on at the weekend.

Attachments

• E59F952C-BCB1-45B9-AEEF-8086F0F6E30B.jpeg
    E59F952C-BCB1-45B9-AEEF-8086F0F6E30B.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 15
  • C9E2DE6E-71EC-475F-BA21-0608C7C530BF.jpeg
    C9E2DE6E-71EC-475F-BA21-0608C7C530BF.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back