heat belt/tray

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine in April when my cellar was doing 12-18C which is fine so I had mine on a timer and insulated via hoodie :oops:
for 4 hours 11-3am... Worked fine for kits but im looking at up grading for AG!
D

philip5660 said:
here's a slightly irrelevant point but with the drop in temperature my spare room is sitting nicely in the 14-18 degrees bracket so I'm brewing some lager in there now (point being you can brew lager at a lower temperature). No heating or electric required, with energy prices these days.......
Apart from that it's a heated fridge in the garage.

My spare is between 14-18 bracket too.
So it's ok to brew lager at that temp? mine has taken 10 days at the moment in the f.v

Not realy unless it was in a box. The idea behind those is to plug an electric heater in and then the control will turn that on and off as needed to heat a room. You could I supose build a box with that in it and contol the temp in the box with it.

abeyptfc said:
I've got 2 heat belts and was wondering if you plugged it into something like this here - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plug-HEAT...arden_PlantsSeedsBulbs_JN&hash=item2eb6491d20 if it would maintain a constant temp during the winter months!

I have a similar thermostat to that (Aquael thermostab 500) used for aquariums) and with a double adaptor I control 2 brew belts, Mine has an extended sensor and I have made a pod on the side of the FV to put it into so I don't have to immerse it in the wort and it works perfectly, just set the temp required and it more or less stays around that temp.

Colin.

cask is best said:
philip5660 said:
here's a slightly irrelevant point but with the drop in temperature my spare room is sitting nicely in the 14-18 degrees bracket so I'm brewing some lager in there now (point being you can brew lager at a lower temperature). No heating or electric required, with energy prices these days.......
Apart from that it's a heated fridge in the garage.

My spare is between 14-18 bracket too.
So it's ok to brew lager at that temp? mine has taken 10 days at the moment in the f.v

Depends what you are brewing as most Coopers lager kits come with ale yeast as standard and needs a higher temp to sustain it.

Their Euro lager uses lager yeast as standard and wouldn't suit the higher temps i.e. 24 - 26 degC

Colin.

Latest posts

Back