Possible stuck brew?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It is my third batch of ale, a Youngs american pale ale. My first was good and second not so good (there was some dirt in the tap which tainted it). Third is in a coldish back room (in the house) with a heating belt and a blanket. I don't think any of my brews have ever done that bubbling thing with the airlock, and does that matter? It has been two weeks and I have taken a reading and it is nearly at its final gravity. The reading says 1.016 and the leaflet says 1.008. A bit of me wants to get some yeast energiser and see if that kickstarts the bubbling process. I feel I'm missing out with no bubbles. Is it worth it? Would Tronozymol Yeast Nutrient & Energiser Salts be suitable?

Last edited:
Take no notice of the lack of bubbles ,the Co2 will be escaping from around the lid.
Just take a hydrometer reading ,when you have a stable reading over two days ,its time to bottle, keg etc.

Take no notice of the lack of bubbles ,the Co2 will be escaping from around the lid.
Just take a hydrometer reading ,when you have a stable reading over two days ,its time to bottle, keg etc.
Thanks. Do you know any ways to get a good seal on a plastic fermentation barrel?

Latest posts

Back